Let’s get swole with the Olympic Lifts.
8 week Olympic Lifting cycle with emphasis on the Clean & Jerk and Snatch, with everything in between.
Both the snatch and the clean and jerk are incredibly complex lifts. While the classic lifts might be the only ones you’ll see on a competition platform, most Olympic lifters develop the foundational strength and mobility required to perform those lifts using a number of accessory movements. Which include: Squats – Front Squat, Back Squat & Overhead Squat. Presses & Pulls. The Snatch and Clean & Jerk lifts are explosive, complicated movements, and both require profound strength which we will look to build upon throughout the program.
What to expect:
- A week of on-ramp fundamentals, technique and establishing 1 Rep Max lifts in the Clean & Jerk, Snatch, all Squats (Back, Front & Overhead), Push Press, Power Clean & Muscle Snatch.
- Typically an 8 week cycle will run 10 weeks total.
- Week 1 – On-ramp & baseline 1 RM lifts.
- Weeks 2-9 – Volume cycling lifting program.
- Week 10 – 1 RM testing, post cycle.
- Any experience is welcome if you are a
- Beginner with no experience in olympic lifting then you’ll be focusing on technique & lifting concepts mainly.
- Intermediate to Advanced lifters will primarily be focused on building strength by volume with emphasis on speed and explosiveness.
- Open to all current members & non-members of EliteFit Cross-Training.
- All members will receive select gear provided by the coaching staff.
- Expect to lift 3 to 4 days a week, 1.5 to 2 hours per session.
- We’ll probably work in pairs, matching you with another that lifts around the same weight(s) as you.
Members of EliteFit Cross-Training – $125
Non-Members of EliteFit Cross-Training – $225
What will a typical lifting day/week look like:
- Coach talk, Stretch & Warm-up
- Empty barbell drills
- Programming (these sets do not include warm-up sets) below is a 1 week example.
3-Position Snatch (ground, below knee, above knee) 60%, 65%, 70% x 4 sets
Snatch Pull 90% (of snatch) x 3 x 2, 95% x 3 x 2
Back Squat 70% x 5 x 5
Push Press 70% x 5 x 5
Power Clean 70% x 3 x 5
Push Jerk 60% (of split jerk) x 3 x 5
Overhead Squat 70% x 3 x 5
3-Position Clean (ground, below knee, above knee) + Jerk 60%, 65%, 70% x 4 sets
Clean Pull 90% (of clean) x 3 x 2, 95% x 3 x 2
Front Squat 70% x 3 x 5
Good Morning 3×5
Power Snatch 70% x 3 x 5
Snatch High-Pull 70% (of sn) x 3 x 5
Snatch Push Press + Overhead Squat 70% (of snatch or ohs) x 5+1 x 5